The following are older posts by Michael Spencer from the early days of Internet Monk.
You can access them from this page or by choosing the category “Classic iMonk” from the front page.
Note: the dates attached to these posts are for cataloguing purposes only and do not represent the dates on which the posts were actually written.
Classic iMonk II (D)
- A Father’s Day remembrance
- Lessons of the gladiator
- Sex in dangerous places: A letter of advice about sex and the single Christian guy
- Stepping off the bandwagon: Reflections on five years in the fast lane of contemporary worship (Daniel Whittington)
- He found it
- Dear students (Steve McFarland)
- Death: The road that must be traveled
- Preserve, protect, defend
- We don’t need no stinkin’ definitions
- A Father’s Day remembrance (Denise Spencer)
- The boat in the backyard: A father’s depression and a boy who finally understands
- What we’re digging for (Steve McFarland)
- Somewhere in the basement of the DNC…
- I have my doubts: The many reasons I don’t believe
- Are we wrong about marijuana?
- Defending the dufus President
- Stalking the DVD Antichrist
Classic iMonk II (E)
- Education and the painful failure of circular reasoning
- Universalism, Lynchburg style
- Why I’m not a preacher, and why that’s a good thing (Bill MacKinnon)
- If it looks like an evangelical skunk . . .
Classic iMonk II (F)
- Dear Rev. Falwell
- An appetite for fanaticism
- A slow drive over the edge: An analysis of fanaticism among evangelical Christians
- The boy at the beach . . . and how I killed him: How being fat and being me became the same thing
- Public schools: Is there a big fix? (Steve McFarland)
- Uncomfortable in Madison
- To fly alone, or not at all
- Dancing at the fundamentalist ball