I shouldn’t have reposted my post on “I Want My Sermon On The Mount Back.” It was a bad post, and I’m retracting this repost. The original is intact and these comments are here, though closed.
1) I’ve had a brutal week. Good friend in Markey Cancer Center with leukemia. Conflicts at work. Finals. Denise and I traveling on different nights and barely seeing each other. Constant worry about my family.
2) I was leaving for a day at Georgetown College and I wanted to run a repost. I saw the Frame critique and read it twice. I remembered the older Horton/WHI piece and just thought “Similar topic. Post it with an intro.”
3) Several of you contacted me and said the post wasn’t timely. Appeared to be piling on. Even with a brief clarification, you were still right. I’m clearly in Horton’s corner on the issues that Frame is going after. I was just too tired to pay attention to my conscience.
4) I can’t always devote the time to thinking about what I post that I should. 5 classes a day. Real ministry. Trying to have a marriage, get rest and have some kind of inner life. I get a bit rattled. I need an assistant. I keep telling Denise that when I sell a million books…..
5) Dr. Horton: My apologies. It was a hasty and opportunistic post. I’m better than that. I’m sorry.