It has been quite a week. I wonder if we are seeing “signs of the times”?
- A Roman Catholic Pope resigns for the first time in over 600 years.
- G20 global finance leaders gather in Moscow (and a meteor explodes in Russian skies — coincidence?)
- Another person in Great Britain has contracted a potentially fatal SARS-like virus which the World Health Organization says was unknown in humans until a few months ago.
- On Valentine’s Day, the Illinois Senate voted to approve a bill legalizing same-sex marriage, which would make it the 10th state in the nation, along with the District of Columbia, to change its laws regarding traditional marriage.
- Rob Bell released a video trailer and tour dates for his new book. Also, the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science announced a new movie titled “The Unbelievers” that will premiere in 2013.
- North Korea defiantly conducted their latest nuclear test just hours before President Obama’s State of the Union address.
- In a “cosmic coincidence,” a meteor entered the earth’s atmosphere, exploding near the Ural Mountain city of Chelyabinsk in Russia, injuring over a thousand people at the same time an asteroid came close to the earth.
- As the U.S. government faces a huge deadline regarding sequestration budget cuts, President Obama is making ready to visit the Middle East in March.
* * *
Make up your own “end-times” scenario.